Operations Analyst (Derivatives)
15 January 2021
Our client is a global asset management company based in the heart of London. As a result of company growth and expansion, they are now looking for a Operations Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Operations Analyst will sit within the Operations team and work closely alongside other departments including the Technology team, Brokers, and third-party providers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Process events that impact Cleared and Bilateral OTC Derivatives positions including resets, premiums, unwinds, credit events/rolls, corporate actions, and client transitions
- Performing post-value control reconciliations and investigating anomalies
- Continuously looking for opportunities to create efficiencies within the department and improve the overall control framework
- Daily interaction with the Derivatives Data team based in America
- Acting as an escalation point for complex queries raised by Portfolio Managers
The Operations Analyst will meet the following skill set:
- Extensive experience in either a sell-side or a buy-side investments house within a Derivatives function
- Strong working knowledge of all Derivatives products and their life cycles
- Back and middle office operational experience at a sell-side or buy-side firm with exposure to both Cleared and Bilateral Derivatives preferred
- Experience of driving process improvements
- Working knowledge of SQL or VBA
- Excellent communicator: must be comfortable and confident because the role involves dealing with stakeholders in offices across the globe
This is an excellent opportunity for a Derivatives centric Operations Analyst to join a high-performing team at a prestigious asset management house.
If you believe your CV meets the criteria, please apply with a copy of your CV.
Note, this is a highly competitive position. We receive a high volume of CVs and are unable to respond to each application we receive. You will not be considered for this role if you do not have buy-side asset management experience
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.