Associate Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income
10 March 2021
Our client, an established and highly regarded boutique asset manager is looking to hire an Associate Portfolio Manager to join the growing Fixed Income team.
The purpose of this role is to assist with the day-to-day management of segregated fixed income funds, aiming to achieve positive long-term sustainable financial performance. This individual will be responsible for idea generation, portfolio construction and active monitoring of assigned portfolio risks.
- Active portfolio management and investment decision-making across a range of funds
- Contribute to asset allocation and risk management within the funds to ensure appropriate portfolio construction based on investment outlook
- Conduct robust analytical research across a broad universe of fixed income instruments to generate investment ideas
- Collaborate with internal analysts and sell-side analysts to benefit from their insights and inform investment decisions
- Formulate investment strategy through bottom-up and top-down research
- Keep abreast of relevant financial market news, company events or other macro and economic factors to help inform investment decisions
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to assist with new business opportunities through communicating strategy process at pitches, presentation and fund marketing literature
- 4-7 years’ work experience at an asset manager or asset owner
- Relevant portfolio management experience with exposure to global bond portfolios
- Strong fixed income expertise is essential
- CFA qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and portfolio management systems
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.