Investment Research Manager – MiFID & Corporate Access
9 February 2023
£55,000 - £70,000
Our client, a leading global asset management company is looking to appoint a Corporate Access/Investment Research Manager to take ownership of all aspects of the external research process and corporate access.
This position works as part of the Investment team and plays a pivotal role in leading the management of the relationships with external research providers.
- Main point of contact on all aspects of external research consumption and corporate access, as well as their regulation
- Develop and maintain the firm’s relationships with external research providers (investment banks and independent research firms) and oversee the process for the management of contracts with these providers
- Proactively highlight value-added services to investment teams and work to optimise research consumption
- Critically assess the value derived from the research – identifying and highlighting inefficiencies
- Establish strong working relationships with senior management on budget utilisation
- Arrange meetings for Portfolio Managers and Equity Analysts with listed companies and maintain effective relationships with relevant representatives
- Manage MiFID related processes with regards to research consumption and ensure investment professionals are MiFID compliant at all times
- Relevant experience working in the financial services sector with a good commercial awareness of the asset management industry
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with senior management and investment staff
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and capable of working independently
- Ability to coordinate with a global team
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Degree educated or equivalent
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.