Data Scientist – Investment Management Firm
10 January 2020
Competitive Salary + bonus
Our client, a global top tier investment management firm is looking to hire a Data Scientist to join their growing Data Science research team. This is a newly created role, joining the Data Science function within the client facing arm of the business which is responsible for delivering insights for Sales, Relationship Management and Client Services teams.
- Create analysis reports and presentations, delivery of ad-hoc analysis in Tableau, Excel, R or Python
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and deliver insights to help shape their actions
- Running data science research projects; creation of tools, techniques and practices to maximise efficiency of the team
- Liaise with IT to develop and enhance technical tools including steering the development of the analytics data warehouse for enterprise data
- 3-7 years experience in a data scientist function in a B2B environment
- Programming experience in one or more of the following; Python, R, VBA, SQL, Alteryx.
- Relevant degree subject (Maths, Statistics, Data Science or another Science related subject)
- An interest in finance and the investment management industry
- Exposure to machine learning
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen
- Creativity and action-orientated
“Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.”