Equity Research Analyst, Global Consumer Discretionary
21 November 2023
Our client is a leading global asset manager, actively managing a variety of Global and European Equity funds. They are currently seeking to recruit an Equity Research Analyst to cover the Consumer Discretionary sector.
This role sits within a highly regarded global equities team and will generate investment recommendations within the consumer sector.
- Identify outperforming stock investments primarily in the consumer discretionary sector on a global basis
- Produce and recommend new ideas through the use of financial analysis, modelling of companies, company meetings and sell-side research
- Lead meetings with senior management of companies
- Present investment ideas and recommendations to Portfolio Managers
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the sector and monitor market and company developments on an ongoing basis to assess performance and the implications on recommendations
- Assist in marketing-related activities for external clients, from verbal or written updates to more formal presentations
- Minimum 8-12 years’ experience in an equity research role on the buy-side or sell-side
- Demonstrable experience covering companies within the consumer discretionary sector
- CFA qualification is preferred
- Track record in stock picking and strong financial modelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.