Equity Research Analyst, Global Financials
11 March 2023
Our client, a leading global investment management firm is looking to hire an Equity Research Analyst to cover the Global Financials sector. The main purpose of the role is to generate and present investment ideas to Portfolio Managers and maintain coverage of companies in the Global Financials sector.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Global Financials sector and the companies within it on an operational and financial level
- Build financial models, analysing financial performance, returns on capital and valuation
- Produce detailed written research notes on stocks under coverage
- Make investment recommendations to Portfolio Managers, monitor existing holdings and contribute to the portfolio management of the Global Financials sector across a number of portfolios
- Contribute to wider investment debate, updating investment team on recent events or results in the sector
- Lead meetings with management, including site visits and ESG engagements
- Assist with client meetings and investment reports, including presenting sector themes and individual stock ideas
- 4-8 years’ relevant experience analysing companies in the financial sector on the buy-side or sell-side
- Excellent academic background
- Likely studying towards or have completed CFA programme
- Self-motivated, competitive with a genuine interest in investing
- Team player with a willingness to leverage the Firm’s global capabilities and resources
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.