Equity Trader/Quantitative Analyst
20 March 2020
An exciting opportunity to join a Single Family Office based in London.
This is a well established and private family who are looking to hire an individual happy to work as part of a small team and looking to be committed for the long term. The successful candidate will be responsible for idea generation and day-to-day implementation of systematic equity trading strategies.
- Formulate trading strategies, taking into consideration benchmarks, liquidity demands, risk and cost
- Analyse market conditions and conduct detailed research on the financial, social, and economic data and information
- Recommend ideas and suggestions in order to improve the present algorithms or help in the creation of new ones
- Design potential strategies related to trading and determine a course of action that needs to be taken.
- Evaluate the risk involved and make appropriate decisions and prepare the relevant reports.
- Constantly monitor and review the transactions to verify the accuracy and ensure that they are in conformance with the rules and regulations of the governing organizations
- Stay abreast of market events and dynamics, share thoughts and insights with the investment and trading community
- Pro-actively contribute, evolve and innovate the trading processes to enhance efficiencies, reduce cost and/or reduce risk
- Build relationships with the broker community
- Operate as part of a highly collaborative and supportive team culture
Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience at an asset manager, hedge fund or investment bank
- Understanding of algorithmic trading methodologies and strong grasp of algorithmic trading tools
- Demonstrable experience in trading based on technical analytics
- Degree educated; preferably in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, finance or a related field
- Confident with technology and the ability to learn how to use multiple platforms
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships internally and externally and have negotiation skills
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to challenges
- Adaptable and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial and dynamically changing environment
- Highly developed quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of market structure
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver within tight deadline
“Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.”