Fixed Income FMA (12 Month FTC)
17 September 2021
£55,000 - £60,000 DOE
Our client is a global player within the investment management sector. Due to an increase in workload within the organisation, they are now looking to recruit a Fixed Income FMA to join the business on a 12 month contract initially.
The Fixed Income FMA will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Being the senior operational point of contact for Investments and advanced subject matter expert for assigned investment strategies
- Ensuring operational readiness of proprietary products and client portfolios
- Analysing cash flows, communicating corporate action decisions, executing the most complex discretionary trades, etc.
- Reviewing investment guidelines, establishing and monitoring paper portfolios, maintaining custom industry structures, and monitoring unique client requirements
- Providing support for Investment Steering Committees and various Boards, including creating presentation materials
- Creates and ensures accuracy of portfolio-level data and analysis to support most complex investment decisions and client inquiries
- Identifying industry trends
- Develops and implements new reporting and analysis to meeting changing Investment or client needs
- Ensuring accuracy, resolving discrepancies, and timely distribution of attribution and risk data (FI and AA) and customized portfolio information
- Facilitates timely resolution of the most complex investment-related issues to minimise risk and compliance errors
- Responsible for communicating investment strategy changes to Marketing and Operations teams. This includes managing benchmark changes, investing in new markets or instrument types, PM and investment analyst changes
The Fixed Income FMA will meet the following criteria:
- Strong fixed income or multi-assets experience
- Previous experience in a Middle Office role (this could include Trade Support, Performance or FMA)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, trading, performance, and risk concepts
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and quantitative modelling skills to develop new reporting that enhance the investment process
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in investment and regulatory reporting
- Ability to trouble-shoot and resolve technology issues including building Excel macros, Access database reporting, and data extraction and interpretation from vendor applications (eg. Bloomberg, Morningstar, POINT)
- Holds IMC, CFA or other relevant industry qualification
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced FMA or Middle Office professional to join the team at a well-established buy-side house.
If you believe your experience meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age