Front Office Business Manager
6 November 2020
£60,000 - £78,000 DOE
Our client is a well-established investment management house. Due to continued company success, they are now looking to recruit a Front Office Business Manager to support their Fund Management.
The purpose of the Front Office Business Manager is to provide non-investment support to the Fund Managers (supporting with their operational, administrative and reporting needs) to allow the Fund Managers to concentrate on investing.
The Front Office Business Manager will take responsibility for the following:
- Research, development, implementation, maintenance and management of various systems and tools used by the Asset Management team
- Management and optimisation of the overall research process
- Over-seeing record-keeping and monitoring Analyst and Fund Manager activity
- Manage external research process:
- price negotiation
- vendor management
- research provider reviews
- quality evaluation
- budget management
- working with Finance to ensure payment to providers is completed in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes
- Management and production of the Quarterly Investment Briefing
- Analysis & resolution of ad-hoc operational issues (Charles River order management system, Desk Moves, etc.)
- Represent Asset Management at various operationally oriented committees as and when required (eg. Operations Committee, Product Committee, Crisis Management Committee)
- Provide guidance and oversee work produced by team assistants as well as providing admin support from time to time.
The Front Office Business Manager will meet the following skill set:
- Confident in dealing with all levels of management
- Previous experience supporting Fund Managers
- Experience managing ad hoc projects within an investment management environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (macros would be useful)
- IMC holder
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
This is an interesting opportunity for candidates with support experience within an investment management house looking for a varied role working alongside a team of credible investment professionals.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Note, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age