Front Office Research Manager
30 October 2020
Our client, a leading global asset management company is looking to appoint a Research Manager to take ownership of all aspects of the external research process.
This position works closely with the Investment team and plays a pivotal role in leading the management of the relationships with external research providers.
- Main point of contact on all aspects of external research consumption and corporate access, and their regulation
- Develop and maintain the firm’s relationships with external research providers (investment banks and independent research firms) and oversee the process for the management of contracts with these providers
- Manage, coordinate and monitor the setting and agreement of research budgets at both individual team and overall investment business level
- Proactively highlight value-added services to investment teams and work to optimise research consumption
- Critically assess the value derived from the research – identifying and highlighting inefficiencies
- Build strong relationship with senior management on budget utilisation
- Develop relationships with industry peers and technology providers to better understand and promote practice
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience from the buy-side (Front Office Business Management or Research Management) or sell-side (Research Management or Client Relationship Management)
- Good understanding of the regulatory framework (MiFID II, FCA) governing the procurement and payment of external research
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with senior management and investment staff
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and capable of working independently
- Degree educated
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.