Fund Managers Assistant – Global Equities
26 October 2018
£40,000 - £50,000
Our client, a highly regarded Investment Management firm is looking for a candidate to join the portfolio management team based in London.
The role sits as part of the portfolio management team, and provides support to Portfolio Managers on the day-to-day management of global equity portfolios. The candidate will gain excellent experience in equity investing and as such this may suit those with an interest in Equity markets and with ambitions to progress a career in fund management or trading.
The main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the monitoring of portfolio and the implementation of investment decisions
- Daily booking of trades, monitoring the allocation of commissions, marking of positions to ensure accurate P&L calculation
- Overseeing execution of investment strategies across client portfolios
- Monitoring of currency hedges for portfolios
- Broad surveillance of economic and stock markets events, ensuring that the team is alerted to current themes
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the investment management industry
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced front office environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Professional qualifications; minimum requirement is IMC, ideally CFA