Investment Manager – Investment Strategy & Portfolio Construction
2 October 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Investment Strategy team at one of the UK’s largest asset owners.
This role will play a pivotal role in supporting strategic investment decisions with high quality quantitative research and driving innovation across the portfolio construction process.
- Play a pivotal role in conducting research to shape the future approach to portfolio construction and helping build more diversified portfolios for clients
- Work closely with the Investment Risk team to research how the investment process can become more focused on investment risk allocation and make better strategic investment decisions across all asset classes
- Integral role in a number of key projects to drive improvement in the investment process
- Build frameworks and investment models to support investment decision making
- Drive improvements in the firm’s approach to medium/long-term capital market assumptions
- Work closely with the wider Investment team to input high-quality strategic thinking into fund and portfolio investment decisions
- Around 6-10 years’ experience researching or a practitioner in multi-asset portfolio construction
- Experience building investment models for use in strategic investment decision making
- Advanced Excel with proficiency in Python, R or VBA preferable
- Strong academic record and desire to always continue learning
- Clear passion for investing with a solid understanding of macroeconomics and capital markets
- Self-motivated, humble, confident, proactive and a team player
- Creative thinker with ability to generate ideas and stimulate discussions using both qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Able to function independently, take ownership and deliver on key research initiatives
- Strong communication skills, including being effective at interacting with key stakeholders within the investment business
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.