Investment Risk Manager
25 June 2023
A global asset manager is looking to hire an experienced investment risk professional.
The role will involve interactions with the portfolio management team to ensure a robust and effective regulatory investment risk framework across a wide range of asset classes. This will require quantitatively measuring risk in the portfolios and providing investment risk advice to support the investment decision-making process. The successful candidate will also be involved in improving portfolio risk analytics function, enhancing the current risk framework, and be a leader on investment risk management within the firm.
The successful candidate will have:
- 8-10 years work experience in an investment risk function on the buy side
- Knowledge of a wide range of asset classes
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Programming experience in Python or R would be preferable
- Strong academic record, ideally a Masters degree in quantitative field
- Familiarity with Axioma, Barra, APT another investment risk system
- Ability to build working relationships with investment teams and influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent communicator who can communicate complex information in a concise and impactful manner
“Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers, is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.”