10 December 2021
£150,000 - £200,000 DOE
Our client is a medium sized asset management house with offices across the globe. Due to company expansion, they are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the business on a permanent basis.
The Legal Counsel will be a highly commercial, driven, and results-oriented lawyer to work on a wide range of challenging matters and engage with key stakeholders on a global basis.
The Legal Counsel will have the following responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiating documents relating to funds
- Drafting and negotiating investment management agreements, distribution agreements, rebate agreements, introducer agreements, third party marking agreements, etc.
- Staying abreast of and providing high quality and focused advice with respect to regulatory developments
- Supporting corporate and product initiatives (e.g., new office openings, new fund launches, etc.)
The Legal Counsel will have the following skillset:
- 7 years’ post-qualification experience spent at a combination of a leading law firm (magic circle ideally) and a well-regarded investment management firm
- Be comfortable working on products and services designed for investors in Europe and Asia
- Holds a 2.1 or above from a top tier university
- Have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be a skilled contract negotiator
- Demonstrate strict attention to detail
- Be aware of current developments in investment management industry regulation
- Have excellent academic credentials and be qualified to practice law in England or Ireland
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Lawyer with experience within the asset management sector, looking for join a high-performing team at a prestigious asset management house.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
“Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.”