Market Intelligence Manager
21 August 2021
Our client is a growing investment management business based in the City of London. Due to continued business success, they are now looking for a Market Intelligence Manager to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
The Market Intelligence Manager will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Develop the appropriate end-to-end process, from origination and collation of data to the dissemination of analysis to relevant audiences
- Creation of production of regular market intelligence reports, highlighting fund specific USPs and positioning in key peer groups
- Support commercial and product strategy initiatives, specifically in relation to understanding different market dynamics, market opportunity, competitor landscape and to support innovative new product ideas
- Produce analysis on factors determining the strong performance of key competitor and internal funds
- Act as the subject matter expert in relation to the research tools and maintain the relationship with all the major suppliers of market intelligence data
- Support the development of client intelligence
- Develop and line manage a junior Market Intelligence Specialist, including delegation and review of workload, training on key systems and carrying out mid-year and year-end appraisals
The Market Intelligence Manager will meet the following skillset:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the asset management industry as a member of a market intelligence, product or strategy team
- Experience with various market intelligence systems (e.g. Morningstar Direct, Broadridge GMI, eVestment, Preqin) and the ability to manage, automate and interpret large amounts of data intelligently and quickly
- University degree or equivalent
- Industry relevant qualification such as CFA or IMC desirable
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Excellent knowledge of the financial markets and the key trends driving the asset management industry
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of FCA regulations and compliance guidelines.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Market Intelligence professional to join the team at a thriving investment management house.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age