Single Family Office – Operations Manager
19 February 2021
Our client is a growing Single Family Office based in London. Due to continued company growth and success, they are now looking to recruit an Operations Manager to join their small team on a permanent basis.
Taking responsibility for the full range of operational functions, typical duties of the Operations Manager will include;
- Production of performance reports
- Assessing performance metrics
- Working closely with the investment team to manage investment execution, settlement, position management, and reporting
- Oversight of investment execution working with external managers and counterparties, managing fund subscriptions and redemptions, stock and bond trades and currency hedges
- Managing and maintaining the investment database, keeping up to date records of all investment activity
- Maintaining forward-looking cash-flow projections for the investment portfolio, tracking budget vs. actual variances
- Producing investment reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Working closely with the CFO on daily cash management, cashflow forecasting maintaining the firm’s books and records
- Reconciling cash and holdings with fund administrators and custodians
- Monitoring margin balances held at brokers
The Operations Manager must have the following credentials
- Over 10 years of professional experience in investment operations
- Experience in performance reporting or performance attribution is essential
- Experience working in another single/multi family office, Fund of Funds, Endowment or a boutique investment management house is essential
- An enthusiastic and hands-on approach
- An inquisitive and proactive nature
- Strong grasp of Excel, including exposure to VBA and/or Macros
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A strong academic background and degree
Due to the nature of this role, candidates can only be considered if they have worked within a family office, Fund of Funds, Endowment or boutique investment management house.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a collegiate, successful business.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Note, this is a highly competitive position and only successful applicants will be responded to.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.