Portfolio Assistant, Global Emerging Market Equities – Front Office
20 May 2019
£50,000 - £55,000 + excellent bonus
Our client, a global asset manager is looking to hire a Portfolio Assistant in the Global Emerging Market Equities team.
The role sits as part of the investment team, and provides support to Portfolio Managers on the day-to-day management of global EM equity portfolios. The candidate will gain excellent experience in equity investing and as such this may suit those with an interest in Equity markets.
The main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the monitoring of portfolio and the implementation of investment decisions
- Daily booking of trades, monitoring trade blotters, marking of positions to ensure accurate P&L calculation
- Overseeing execution of investment strategies across client portfolios and ensure trades maintain compliance with investment guidelines
- Monitoring of currency hedges for portfolios
- Ad-hoc support for portfolio managers in stock research, financial modelling and trading
- Broad surveillance of economic and stock markets events, ensuring that the team is alerted to current themes
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar FMA or trade support position on the buy-side
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced front office environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of order management systems, ideally Thinkfolio or Charles River
- Passion for financial markets
- Team player
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.