Product Strategy & Development Manager
8 January 2021
£75,000 - £85,000 DOE
Our client is a leading name within the investment management sector. Due to continued business growth and success, they are now looking to recruit a Product Strategy & Development Manager to join their high-performing Product team on a permanent basis.
The Product Strategy & Development Manager will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Build and manage positive relationships at all levels with key stakeholders (including Board level staff) across the business, such as the investment management, business development, operations, compliance and legal teams, to promote the effective setting and delivery of product strategy and development
- Promote client-centric activity aligned with a responsible investment (ESG) focus
- Project manage the implementation of product development, change and ongoing product management activities
- Advise the business on the considerations for new product strategy and development across a range of areas, including regulatory and legal requirements, potential operational efficiencies and issues, speed to market across various jurisdictions including the UK, US, Ireland and Luxembourg
- Play a role in the governance mechanisms used to manage, approve, prioritise and deliver product development initiatives, including secretarial activities for product governance committees
- Maintain an effective balance between efficient delivery and the ability to respond to market opportunities
- Understand the competitor landscape and use market intelligence to inform product design – prepare market research analysis using data bases and third party provider information
- Supporting regulatory change and adhering to the FCA’s Conduct Rules
- Maintain the product pipeline and assist in preparing management reports for the business on product-related activity
The Product Strategy & Development Manager will meet the following criteria:
- Strong academic skillset (a credible undergraduate degree)
- 4-6 years’ product development experience
- Project management skills
- Familiarity with UCITS, AIFMD and MiFID II regulation
- Broad knowledge of pooled funds and how investment products are sold is helpful
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with Product Development experience looking for an exciting new role with a well-established investment management house.
If you believe your experience meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.