Product Development Manager – Insurance (Senior Leadership Role)
4 December 2021
£90,000 - £105,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is a leading player within the investment management sector. Due to continued business growth and success, they are now looking to grow their Senior Product team with the addition of a Senior Product Development Manager.
The Senior Product Development Manager will lead on Product Strategy & Development initiatives across Insurance products.
The Senior Product Development Manager will be responsible for managing the strategy, development and design of market leading, competitively differentiated and compliant Insurance products and propositions.
Duties will include:
- Establishing and directing the respective Product function for multi-assets, providing leadership and strategic direction to an initial team of two; as a member of the Product Strategy & Development leadership team, support the entire team with prioritisation, leadership and development
- Develop, drive and deliver an AUM and revenue generating product proposition strategy that ensures the needs and expectations of identified customer groups are met, complies with industry regulations and mitigates any potential operational and legal risks
- Manage the design and delivery of product initiatives to agreed timescales and budgets, keeping key stakeholders aware of progress and highlighting matters for resolution as appropriate
- Maintain a strong awareness of relevant market activity and work closely with senior Product, Distribution and Investment colleagues to develop specific visions and strategies that contribute to the future strategic direction of the business
- Interface with other internal business areas, to define, present, discuss and agree product plans and initiatives
- Define, develop and deliver a strategy to ensure products are launched and maintained according to the Product Development Model and the Product Lifecycle Management framework
- Ensure regular analysis of customer, industry and regulatory activity; recommend where strategic changes may be required that affect our existing products and propositions and to drive through necessary enhancements, developments and changes
- Supply technical expertise to internal stakeholders about product structures and processes, attend internal product governance committees as required, and ensure existing products remain appropriate, compliant and legal for the market by co-ordinating changes to existing product structures
The Senior Product Development Manager will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Experience in the investment management industry is essential
- Experience of insurance products within asset management
- Working knowledge within product development
- Experience in senior stakeholder engagement; ability to influence and engage at all levels across the firm and externally
- Understanding of the Insurance and authorised fund regulatory environments – both in the UK and Europe
- Understanding of the market dynamics, market evolution and competitive landscape
- Good understanding of Product life cycle management and Project management
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels of seniority
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Development professional with insurance product experience looking to lead and grow a team and a thriving fund management house.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with your CV.
Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age