Sales Director, Institutional
23 December 2021
£100,000 - £120,000
Our client is a leading investment management house based in the west end. Due to continued business success, they are now looking to recruit an institutional Sales Director to work alongside the Head of Institutional to create and deliver on asset growth strategies.
Reporting directly to the Head of Institutional, The Sales Director will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Lead on consultant relations in order to gain new ratings and maintain existing ones. Includes creating and delivering consultant strategy, proactive communication with key contacts, meeting preparation and attendance
- Direct sales in the institutional market – cross channel, build new relationships and opportunity pipeline, analyse market intelligence and reflect in areas of focus, oversee RFPs and attend pitches
- Account Director responsibilities for existing client relationships, taking advantage of cross selling opportunities
- Work closely with the marketing team to adapt messaging and materials for the institutional market and build their profile with the target market.
- Attend events and conferences to support business development
- Ensuring all client and business development activities are recorded accurately in Salesforce
- Identify and coordinate the implementation of efficiency gains, both within the team and with other teams, to help support clients more effectively
The Sales Director will meet the following skillset:
- Proven sales experience including gaining ratings from investment consultants
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Advanced knowledge of investments; understanding of the business’ strategies and ability to articulate them; understanding of the institutional investment sector
- Professionalism, integrity and experience dealing with sophisticated investors
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Collaborative approach within the broader distribution team
- Experience in dealing with international clients would be beneficial
Note, this is a highly competitive position. We receive a high volume of applications and are unable to respond to each CV.
“Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.”