Investment Business Manager (Contract)
8 February 2022
£70,000 plus completion bonus
Our client is a leading name within the investment management sector. Due to an exciting period of change and transformation, they are now looking to recruit an Investment Business Manager to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis initially.
The purpose of the Investment Business Manager is to relieve the Investment Managers of non-essential investing duties, so as to allow them to concentrate on fund management, as well as to support the effective management of risk.
The Investment Business Manager will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Provides strategic counsel on community/industry events and directs and coordinates the logistics of these events
- Supports the development of effective, consistent communications for the business/group senior leader and for the leadership team
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned group on implementation of solutions
- Provides input into the planning & implementation of operational programs.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations
- Monitors and tracks business & investment performance whilst helping to address any issues
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives
- Positively influence or change behaviour
- Acts as the primary point of contact for service / customer complaint escalations
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs. budget
The Investment Business Manager will meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience as a Business Manager or equivalent position in an investment management house
- Qualified accountant is preferable
- Change management exposure
- Experience as a project manager or business analyst
- Background in regulatory control and / or governance
- Excellent communicator with the ability to speak with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
This is a rare opportunity to join a business during an interesting time of change and transformation.
If you believe your background meets the criteria of Investment Business Manager, please apply with your CV.
“Mason Blake acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Mason Blake is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.”